Were looking for an exceptional manager who can help us scale our growing Software Program Management team and provide leadership and coaching to the group. In this role, you will drive best practices for integration planning, communications, risk management, synchronized delivery, budgeting, and similar. You will also participate as an individual contributor on one or more strategic initiatives, as we fully expect you won't be able to resist getting your hands dirty. You will build and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of leaders in the organization, and are wired to drive change to keep us improving in our ability to efficiently design, build, and release exceptional software.
The ideal candidate will have managed program managers or software engineering teams in environments in which complex software plays a major role. He/she will have exceptional people management skills, be a consummate team player, love to solve hard problems, and understand how to build high quality software. He/she will have a practical understanding of Agile methodologies and how software development really works. And like everyone on our awesome team, they are ready to bring their experience, organizational skill, creativity, tech savvy, and enthusiasm to iRobot!
What You Will Do
- Manage a portion of the Software Program Management staff, who are assigned to either new robot development or digital feature delivery programs.
- Provide coaching/mentorship on strategic and tactical elements of the role and work closely with team members to meet or exceed their development goals.
- Maintain customer focus and urgency as the group drives delivery of outstanding products and experiences to our customers.
- Drive best practices and champion/support continual improvement activities within the group and the larger organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with key product management and technical leaders in the organization spanning various iRobot software disciplines (e.g. robot, mobile app, cloud, and data/ML).
- Play a central role in inbound programs, staffing assignments, budget consolidation, rolled-up status updates, and similar.
- Drive strategic execution initiatives to help build and steward new capabilities for iRobot.
To Be Successful You Will Have
- Bachelors degree in an appropriate technical discipline or relevant experience. Advanced degrees welcome but not required.
- 10+ years of program/project management experience or equivalent involving technical systems in a consumer-first space.
- Proven capability to serve as an exceptional people manager (preferably of program managers).
- Experience with practically minded Agile methodologies and software engineering best practices as applied to modern connected products.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, organizational and leadership talents, communication skills, and systems thinking. Exceptional emotional intelligence.
In Return You Can Expect
As part of our team you will help us to grow & stretch to deliver high quality software that truly delights our customers. We work as an integrated team, helping each other to move work through the organization. If you are an innovator, a builder, a coach, and a leader, we want to hear from you!
More Jobs From