At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
You value people and relationships as much as technology. You embrace simple, efficient user experiences and know that technology done correctly can make a significant impact with its users; that engineering done properly provides a rewarding experience to those developing it.
We have many applications used by thousands of internal call center reps, that manage our customers contact, billing, and policy data. These applications are at different stages of cloud migration and your goal will be to deliver them to AWS while meeting our architectural and operational standards (e.g. observability).
If youre a curious learner who has a passion for getting things done, thrives in an environment of servant leadership, and has a wealth of Agile know-how, and finds these types of problems interesting, we want you to join our tech team! As an experienced Software Engineering Manager, you will bring direct coaching, an agile/lean mindset and mastery of XP practices to your dedicated teams. You view cloud native solutions on AWS as a competitive advantage, but can make tough tradeoffs as you negotiate priorities with collaborating product owners.
You will lead by creating a shared vision, empowering and serving engineers by removing obstacles and helping them grow. You will constantly energize and enable your teams to rapidly and reliably deliver business value by engaging customers, continuously learning, and adapting allowing teams to rapidly pivot.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to "helping people live safer, more secure lives" every day.
About the job:
- Provides technical expertise to clients, IT management and staff.
- Participates in the development of business and/or IT vision, critical success factors and operating plans.
- Develops and communicates unit vision, strategies, critical success factors
Hires and manages team of people; coaches, counsels, and develops team members.
- Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with organizational objectives.
- Evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvement of individuals and teams.
- Establishes financial plan for the unit and manages to plan.
- Initiates process and organizational improvement activities which enhance overall effectiveness; seeks ways to improve human resource and other management processes.
- Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts, performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products, and analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Ensures system, technical, and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Knowledge of technology concepts, strategies and methodologies typically acquired through a Bachelor`s or Master`s Degree in technical or business discipline and a minimum of five years experience in a practice relevant domain including delivering software solutions in an agile environment.
- 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Experience leading teams of 10+ software developers in a transactional Agile development environment
- Experience architecting, building, upgrading, and modernizing consumer-facing web & mobile applications, such as eCommerce or similar platforms
- Demonstrated experience leading Agile software development teams to quantifiable results
- Able to manage complex technology development concepts, capabilities and maturity.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative, communication, presentation and management skills, strong judgment and ability to effectively liaise with cross functional stakeholders and optimize teams.
- Demonstrated ability to operate collaboratively and build consensus.
- In-depth knowledge of technology standards and guidelines; knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques; thorough knowledge of business functions and operations, objectives and strategies.