Office Tour Photos
The Manager of Software Engineering is an experienced front end heavy application developer who plays a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle, and manages other software engineers and embedded team members, to help them do the same. In addition to development, this individual will work with other engineers and development teams as wells cross functionally with other departments such as marketing, infrastructure, security, and operations. This individual will be responsible for applying their technical skills and experiences to improve our design and development methods and mentor engineering teams.
This team is building, maintaining, and scaling our front end design system. Theyre focused on the customer acquisition funnel (everything someone touches before converting to a customer) and work to deliver continuous improvements to our UX. We think globally and work on shared, reusable code that reaches throughout the entire code base and drives consistency for our users, designers, and engineer.
On the team is an embedded designer, QEs, scrum master, and product manager. Managers with experience and familiarity working with QA (managing work flows, coming up with test plans, etc.) is welcomed. Additionally managers who are familiar with mature CI/CD approaches when it comes to writing automated test, and helping/mentoring QA and devs to develop and grow these skills is also interesting to us.
We would love to find someone who knows and loves design, but also an engineering manager.
What youll do:
- Manage, mentor, and build better software and quality engineers
- Consistently deliver high-quality software
- Build scalable, enterprise-class software products
- Solve interesting and difficult challenges
- Contribute to and benefit from a team of amazing people
- Facilitate continuous improvement and agile SDLC
Who you are:
- We're unable to consider candidates requiring immigration related sponsorship
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience developing websites and applications
- 2+ years of experience managing software engineers and other embedded team members (design, QA, product, etc.)
- Proficiency with the command line, git, and other development tools
- Command of software architecture, design patterns, and best practices
- Front end heavy open-source experience (React preferred)
Why you'll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We celebrate one anothers differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues, and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Youll have opportunities to advance. Were fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow
- Join the experts. If youre passionate about WordPress and equally passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you wont find a better spot to share your talent. Were dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to help the little guy/gals.
- Weve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - were there for you!
More Jobs From