Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Manager of Revenue Recognition to join our finance team. Reporting directly to the Company’s Director of Finance, the Manager of Revenue Recognition will be a key finance team member responsible for ensuring worldwide compliance with and proper application of US GAAP technical accounting rules and requirements in terms of revenue recognition, including accounting analysis and documentation/ communication of complex transactions. The new team member will also be a key liaison between Finance and our billing team to ensure a streamlined process of obtaining all necessary contractual terms needed for an accurate and efficient quote to cash process.
Reporting to: Director of External Financial Reporting
Location: Framingham, MA
What You Will Be Doing:
- Analyze customer contracts, order paperwork and POs to ensure revenue is recorded in compliance with US GAAP, proper approvals received for discounts and advise management of concerns.
- Assist with the implementation and adoption of the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606).
- Partner with Sales, Sales Ops and Legal to ensure non-standard deals are structured in accordance with US GAAP and comply with the Company’s revenue recognition and sales order policies.
- Monitor relevant US GAAP, SEC developments and other technical accounting to ensure the Company’s revenue recognition policies and procedures are in compliance; proposing modification thereto, if necessary.
- Assist with schedule requests for the external audit process and ensure appropriate revenue related disclosures are made in accordance with US GAAP requirements.
- Summarize key financial terms within our customer contracts for management reporting and billing. Create, maintain and reconcile reports, collaborating with our billing team to ensure completeness and appropriate key controls are in place.
- Manage the process of updating and completing the automation of key financial term extraction by leveraging our third party provider’s smart technology and ultimately ensure accurate integration to multiple internal systems.
- Work with Onboarding, Billing and Collections teams to resolve customer account or billing
- Work with the RFP team to address financial requests.
The Skills You Will Bring:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, preferably in the software/technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- “Big Four” Public Accounting experience
- CPA a plus
- Strong proficiency in revenue recognition including knowledge of treatment of perpetual license, maintenance and professional services revenue streams under ASC 606.
- Technical expertise in US GAAP, including a solid foundation in accounting
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and financial software applications. Experience with Salesforce.com and integrations across multiple systems a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Process oriented with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to efficiently multi-task and prioritize within a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, self-starter with a high level of initiative and resourcefulness
Who We Are:
Culture creators. Visionaries. Innovators. Game changers and changemakers. A Unicorn or two … That’s who we are at Workhuman®. We love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work – and the world – through our people and global technology. We’re building cultures of gratitude and human connections for leading global brands – and that starts with our own. Here you can be yourself, learn and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace and caring culture rooted in respect and gratitude. This is the place where you can make a positive difference to colleagues, customers and the world every day. You might just be the next human we’re looking for – because all the things that make you human and unique are the very reasons you belong here!
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.
More Jobs From