Manager, Real Estate & Facilities
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here youll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, youll have the opportunity to develop and grow your skill sets. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage independence. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and youll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who were looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, hands-on individual who is ready to help Starry reach its aggressive expansion goals. Reporting to our Head of Finance, our Manager of Real Estate and Facilities will provide services that meet the long-term needs of the Company. You will be responsible for our national real estate strategy. Starry currently operates in five cities with aggressive plans for additional rollouts nationwide.
What youll do:
- Identify and implement lease tracking software for all corporate leases
- Develop a national real estate strategy that enables the company to have adequate office and warehouse space
- Oversee real estate acquisition, space planning, construction and maintenance
- Prepare annual and project budgets and schedules
- Manage facility vendors
- Ad-hoc projects as requested
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to travel, approximately 50%
- 3-5 years of Real Estate & Facilities experience in high-growth environments
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects on schedule and on budget
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with excel
- Past experience project managing complicated endeavors with multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A particular attention to the details
- Strong organizational skills
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.