Office Tour Photos
Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Manager of Product Design to join our team.
The Manager of Product Design will be responsible for developing and managing best-in-class Imprivata user experiences for mobile and web (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, information architecture, task flow, etc.) in an agile environment and lead our common UI usage and design system. The Manager of Product Design will work closely with Product Management Software Engineering, and Marketing, to go from early-stage research and concepts to production launch successfully. The Manager of Product Design will manage, lead and mentor junior design team members. Be the teams pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a compelling customer-focused solution. Responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
The Manager of Product design will also work with clients and stakeholders. They are passionate about user experience and clarify problems and identifying the right solution. They possess maturity and client management experience.
Manager of Product Design will be responsible for 9-box reviews for their reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, inspire, mentor, train and manage junior design staff in user-centered design principles.
- Direct and review product designs with the Director of Product Design as needed and further build the product design competency. Raise the standard of product design within the design team.
- Identify, collect, and document new patterns to be used across products in the Imprivata design system.
- Help the design team with planning, prioritizing, and overseeing initiatives; manage projects; ensure that all designs are executed on time and at the highest quality levels; manage and scope team initiatives, set priorities, and direct the team to ensure timely delivery.
- Assist the Director of Product Design to create a design culture within the broader organization where design becomes deeply integrated with other departmental workflows.
- Educate stakeholders on the enterprise value of user experience.
- Build strong relationships with partner teams stakeholders, bringing these stakeholders into the design process and demonstrating to them the effectiveness and importance of good design.
- Partner closely with Product Managers and Engineering to evaluate and prioritize design opportunities against the overall roadmap and team resources.
- Consider market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities, and user research findings and drive the data-driven decision.
- Facilitate cross-functional workshops to align on business problems, workflows, and user needs, and/or ideation for solution frameworks.
- Create and deliver design artifacts such as Customer journeys, Information Architectures, Task flows, and High-Fidelity mocks and prototypes.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, guidelines and pattern libraries.
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to conceptualize and communicate specific interaction behaviors effectively.
- Demonstrate curiosity to develop expertise in the use cases, history and technology behind the products supported.
- Responsible for thoughtful team organization, aligning strengths to problems and providing opportunities for career growth through additional responsibility or potential impact.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Interaction Design or in a related discipline and 15+ years experience as an interaction designer, experience designer, user experience manager or a similar role.
- An online or digital portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in product and visual design, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving across platforms.
- Proven experience leading design for and designing experiences on public facing products that touch the lives of thousands (or millions) of customers.
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design processes, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Experience creating workflow diagrams, low fidelity wireframes, highly detailed wireframes, and interactive prototypes for complex user flows for enterprise desktop, web-based and mobile applications.
- Experience creating services and applications with multiple user touchpoints on different platforms and devices includes mobile, web, devices, and voice.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive complex design issues across large organizations and disciplines.
- Solid experience guiding and or managing user research and usability testing.
- Experience as a leader of multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Practice an inclusive, facilitative leadership style.
- Strong coaching skills.
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
More Jobs From