iRobot is looking for a Manager to lead our Product Data Science team. In this role you will drive the data scientific roadmap for iRobots R&D and promote data-based and proactive decision making across the organization. The ideal candidate is a great communicator, intellectually curious, detail oriented, highly collaborative, and comfortable working closely with individuals across many teams and functions, as well as with technology partners and vendors.
About the Job:
- You will lead a team of data scientists working on projects across the R&D portfolio;
- You will drive impact by influencing, coaching, and challenging team members and cross-functional partners;
- You will work with stakeholders across the company to ensure that decision-makers have the best information available to inform product strategy;
- You will ensure the teams commitments are met outputs delivered on time;
- You will regularly interact with iRobot technical and business leaders around the globe;
- And you will occasionally assist with modeling, research, or analytics.
- A strong candidate does not necessarily have to possess all of the following, and were open to the possibility that you may bring other skills to the table aside from those listed here. If you fit that description, do not hesitate to apply!
- 3+ years of management experience
- Prior first-hand experience with research and analysis
- Graduate-level understanding of foundational concepts in data science
- Experience leading in fast-paced environments and creating processes that resolve technical challenges
- Experience driving projects and creating impact through pragmatic problem-solving
- You are well-versed in SQL and have significant experience with Python or R
- You have a sense of humor, and enjoy solving fun puzzles