Manager, Process Improvement
Hi there. We’re Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network, driven to make cities better places to live.
Since 2000, we’ve worked hard to turn a brilliant and disruptive idea into a movement that serves more than a million members worldwide. We’re keeping the pedal to the metal and growing every day, continuously looking to leverage data to drive new product development and business intelligence. That’s why we need talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family.
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of urban mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and respectful company that’s seriously changing the world? Then apply! To learn more, visit zipcar.com or zipcar.com/careers.
Zipcar is seeking a Manager, Process Improvement to join our Operations team -- a team of operators and problem-solvers dedicated to ensuring Zipcars are optimally and efficiently available for our members.
In this role, you’ll utilize your analytical problem solving and process mapping skills to develop and optimize complex processes for key business functions to drive business goals, objectives, and programs. This will include assessing key performance indicators and current baselines, diagnosing gaps, opportunities, and needed improvements, identifying root causes, developing and implementing simple and sustainable solutions, and ensuring results are delivered.
You’ll proactively work with people at all levels across our Field Operations in North America markets and Zipcar headquarters to understand and advance our fleet and locations operations, consulting with cross-functional teams to get alignment on improvement solutions, and influence key stakeholders to drive behavior change.
- 5+ years’ experience leading operations process improvement using analytical problem solving methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma DMAIC with proven results
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant business field, Master’s/MBA preferred
- Strong knowledge of Operations Management in distributed field operations, Lean, and Supply Chain Management. Knowledge of workflow and asset management operations and processes
- Excellent change leadership skill set – ability to make courageous recommendations, communicate and influence across functions and levels to drive significant organizational change
- Experience using advanced Excel, SQL and relevant data analysis software
- Experience with quantitative focus areas such as Statistics, BI, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Machine Learning, or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with ability to dynamically translate theory into practical application
As a member of the Zipcar Team you get a great benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, along with a full complement of other insurance and support programs.
Because our work has a global impact, we enthusiastically support each employee’s commitment to creating a better world by offering:
- Free Zipcar membership & discounted driving rates for you and your significant other
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bicycle commuter reimbursement
- Paid parental leave for mothers & fathers
- Training and development programs To accelerate career growth
- Global footprint of job locations and opportunities
- Flexible and open work arrangements
- Fun, respectful, passionate, and collaborative environment
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
- Discounts on a variety of products and services through Zipcar partners
Zipcar is an EEO Employer