Founded in 2018, digital consumer goods company Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA businesses, boasting a massive innovation platform that brings high quality products to market across digital marketplaces and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 5,000 Amazon companies, acquiring nearly 100 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of nearly 14,000 category-leading products, Thrasios brands outperform almost every other seller on Amazon. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to nearly 600 people globally--78% of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
The Manager of People Technology will oversee the organizational commitment to employee experience and enablement through the implementation and management of best-in-class systems & processes. The role will be expected to build an internal practice and a team to support all functions within the People team, and all milestones and touchpoints along the employee lifecycle. Partnering closely with stakeholders and process owners throughout the People team and across the organization, this individual will define and build efficient and engaging business processes supported by cutting edge technology. To be successful, you will bring a passion for driving efficient, effective, and memorable experiences in Customer Service and/or HR service delivery to ensure consistent service and drive the rigor necessary to enable the company to succeed at scale. This role reports to the Director of People Operations
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technology Management [40% time dedicated]
- Leads the configuration, implementation, and deployment of all Core HRIS functionality, including employee profiles, historic records, organizational structures, total rewards capabilities (benefits enrollment & administration, compensation structures, leave of absence management), and general employee lifecycle enablement
- Designs and executes a multi-year People Technology strategy and roadmap, beginning with the HRIS and Payroll system implementation, and with an eye toward a holistic approach to People teams enablement - including integrations, data hygiene, reporting, and up- and down-stream process enablement
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of the People teams workflows, policies & procedures, business objectives, regulatory requirements, etc. in order to identify and plan for changing business requirements
- Makes recommendations regarding process improvement, system enhancements, and/or the need for additional tools and/or technology designed to continuously improve the administration and user experience
- Owns the direct management of all system configuration, ensuring consistency across platforms and processes, as well as documenting and communicating all changes to impacted stakeholder
- sManages all vendor contracts and relationships relevant to People Technology and adjacent business operations (e.g., outsourced Payroll)
- Data & Analytics [20% time dedicated]
- Act as the gatekeeper and subject matter expert on all data associated with our People Tech (data architecture, functionality, data, reporting, integrations, etc); responsible for maintaining highest data hygiene standards and the systemic practices and audits necessary for the enablement thereof
- Develop and analyze baseline reports & trendline dashboards for the People teams, and teams across the organization using data from multiple sources and systems owned by the People teamsMaintain and enable all compliance-related reporting as dictated by local, federal, international and company-wide security needs, including EEO, Benefits Census & Tax, SOC, etc.
- Stakeholder Support & Engagement [40% time dedicated]
- Partners with process and program owners to ensure the delivery of strong programming through Candidate Experience, Onboarding, Offboarding, Learning & Development, and Employee Experience milestones
- Proactively engages with key stakeholders and end users, to collect and take action on People Tech feedback and roadmap design, including the coordination of a standing cross-functional committee focused on enablement of People team programs and services.
- Leads People Technology steering committee, collaborating with Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure alignment and consideration of diverse perspectives in designing our growth and development with regard to technology utilization and reliance
- Trains employees and managers on effective use of the HRIS and other People Tech, acting as a resource and escalation point for any technology-related challenges or opportunities.
- Seeks to ensure all employee support and service protocols are conducted with a focus on the organizations commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; escalates any policy or process that seems to undermine or limit the teams ability to provide access to a world-class employee experience to all
What you bring to the party:
- 5+ years of relevant functional and technical experience, including a leading role in the implementation and management of a global Saas HRIS & Payroll system
- Minimum 1-3 years experience enabling an HR/People Operations/Shared Service or other high-performing Customer Service team utilizing tiered service delivery principles, including tier-0 Employee and Manager Self Service capabilities
- Solid acumen and experience with Project Management philosophies and best practices
- Demonstrated experience with People Analytics, including the development of baseline reports and trend dashboards, including data from multiple sources
- Comprehensive understanding of People processes and all enabling systems
- Experience directly or indirectly managing people and/or teams, providing direction, supporting growth, and driving the development of skills and capabilities
- Proven record of success with attention to detail, creative problem solving capabilities and demonstrable self-driven initiative to improve operational processes
- Highly attuned discretion with regard to employee data, queries, transactions, and general support
Preferred Skills & Qualities:
- Great communication skills. Asking questions, listening, facilitating and arbitrating discussions, and presenting ideas to groups large and small are all things you are good at.
- Among your strengths are the ability to effectively translate complex concepts and information into clear and effective messages, and to establish credibility for yourself and your team, in representing your broad are of subject matter expertise
- Comfortable with change, agility, and high-volume environments. You are able to work well under pressure, with limited direction and are comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical mindset. You approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights
- Possess a progressive and productive attitude and a positive demeanor; complete with the ability to accept constructive feedback and refine or adjust your approach.
- Team-oriented, collaborative nature; be ready to wear many hats. Were a small, fast-growing team. Everyone needs to pull for each other, share best practices, and take on work that will make our entire organization successful
- Proactive and solutions-oriented. Hands-on approach and willingness to be involved with both strategic development and tactical implementation.
- Adapt quickly to changes impacting both technical and non-technical processes, policies and procedures
- Strong project management skills; proven ability to manage multiple projects and ad-hoc requests
- Strong senses of both urgency and humor, ideally in equal doses!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.