Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte Fast 500. We help small businesses spend less time finding capital and more time helping their customers and growing their businesses. Our mission is to create a world-class fintech company so that our customers and our people can reach their full potential. We accomplish this by investing in our people, technology, and customer experience with long-term success in mind. Forward Financing strives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion so that each employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work.
As a Manager of Operational Strategy in the Underwriting Department (UW), you will be a strategic partner to Underwriting leadership, responsible for analytics and reporting to help drive success for the UW organization. You will be investigating, understanding, and executing opportunities to increase department productivity, funding volume, and overall gross profit of FFs advance portfolio. This role frequently partners with other functions in the business including Sales, Strategy & Finance, and Analytics. The ideal candidate is able to develop efficient solutions to unique problems.
In this role you will:
- Analyze monthly UW operational and financial results, understand key data points, identify trends and patterns in the data, and provide actionable insights to UW leadership.
- Assist with the creation and development of dashboards, reports, and new ways of thinking about ways that data can support UW efficacy and drive growth.
- Own daily/weekly/monthly/yearly operational reporting and executive dashboards.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to maintain and improve UW systems and the quality of the data in these programs.
- Make recommendations to company leadership on process or system improvements and own implementation of projects.
- Provide analysis to senior sales management on utilization of sales incentives and quota to influence behaviors and drive sales performance.
- Develop/design incentive compensation plans, and own quarterly calculation of variable UW compensation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance, consulting, or analytics domain.
- Experience evaluating unique problems, collaboratively creating solutions, drafting project plans and delivering effective new business processes.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply your analytical mind to solving problems.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other related tools.
- Familiarity with analytics/data visualization tools such as Tableau (Preferred).
Forward Financing Core Values:
People First We build relationships and genuinely care about each other.
We Before Me We prioritize team success over individual success.
Be Candid We are authentic, transparent, and direct.
Do the Right Thing We act with integrity and we dont cut corners.
Relentless Improvement We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
Be Positive We are optimistic and assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. With a simple online application, business owners can trust that Forward Financing works to get them approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $1 billion in financing to more than 26,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Forward Financing has been consistently named by Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward Financing actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We are committed to creating a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By embracing diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Bostons Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something youd like to be a part of, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with a flexible time off policy, 401k match, gym reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
When we arent busy with a Zoom meeting, supporting our customers, or working on a project, you can likely find us taking part in a scavenger hunt, getting overly competitive in a trivia game, or celebrating our team wins together!