Manager, Market Research and Insights
American Well is a leading telehealth platform in the US. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
We are seeking a self-directed and analytical Manager to join the Corporate Marketing Team with a focus on our health systems and pharma market segments. You will be responsible for market insights related to these segments, including competitive analysis, customer insights, and market sizing. The insights you glean will inform our sales and marketing strategy, product development and new market entry decisions.
In addition to owning analysis and insights related to the health system and pharma markets, you will be responsible for communicating those insights internally and externally, through the development of content for webinars, eBooks, white papers and case studies. You will also contribute to development and execution of our Voice of the Customer initiatives.
You will have a tangible impact on American Well’s growth in key market segments and will work with leaders across sales and marketing, and externally with our clients and key influencers, to position American Well to win in the competitive landscape of digital technology solutions.
· Be the internal subject matter expert for the markets we serve: health plans, government, employers, health systems and pharma
· Develop and lead analyses such as market research surveys and market interviews to the standard of top tier consulting and private equity firms, to build expertise and support content creation
· Support development of ROI models for these markets and present to clients
· Create content for sales decks, eBooks, white papers, webinars
· Manage Voice of the Customer initiatives for these markets, including customer interviews, surveys, focus groups
· Support original research on the impact of telehealth on the Triple Aim (costs, access and patient experience)
· Hone the value proposition for these markets, and contribute to product development pipelines to meet customer needs
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus, top tier consulting experience a plus
· Prior experience in the healthcare space
· 4+ years of work experience
· Experience with market research, including interviewing, market sizing, data analysis and secondary research
· Strong analytical skills, comfort with Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong writing and communications skills
· We’re in an industry that is constantly evolving, so comfort with ambiguity is very important
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – you will need to work cross functionally, and up and down the organization
· A “how can we get this done” attitude
· Scrappy, resilient
· Think deeply, but also act quickly
· Curious – no fear of asking questions and willing to admit that you don’t know the answer
· Low ego, a team player
· Obsessed with improvement
· Ability to juggle multiple ongoing projects while maintaining a keen attention to detail
· Cross-functional team player – internally and externally
· Interest and passion for tech and healthcare
Should you join American Well and the Marketing team, you can expect:
The marketing team is a collaborative, data-driven and creative team comprised of; corporate communications, corporate marketing, client marketing, and consumer marketing. Because American Well is the leader in a fast-growing industry, we have the dual opportunity and challenge of building our brand while we simultaneously educate and excite people about telemedicine. We are the company’s – and our clients – go-to marketing agency. We’re responsible for company branding and promotion, customer utilization and success, prospect and product marketing, as well as supporting client retention and business development through outreach, strategy, content, and events.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks