Manager, Instructional Design
The Training and Certification Team is recruiting a game changer a player/coach with substantial experience creating interactive, instructionally sound learning content. We need someone to lead our Instructional Design Team in transforming our traditional, predominantly PowerPoint-based content into blended learning experiences that are as exciting and advanced as our products.
By joining Carbon Black as the Instructional Design Manager, you will manage, coach, and direct our highly collaborative, geographically dispersed Instructional Design Team to develop, redesign, and transform our training into modern, technologically enabled, instructionally sound, and engaging learning experiences. We are also building a comprehensive online global Technical Academy to deliver this learning along with a growing knowledge resource base.
What Youll Do
- Manage instructional design projects, providing individual contribution as needed to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery.
- Manage and coach the instructional design team. Set team goals and objectives aligned with corporate goals and objectives.
- Gather and analyze requirements to design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would improve the learning experience.
What Youll Bring
You have a progressive work history, rooted in instructional design and content management, and you advanced into management after working as an individual contributor on development teams. You possess strong project management skills, along with experience in rapid content development, design and the following:
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Education, Human Resources, or related field. Professional certificates in Training & Development and/or Project Management preferred.
- Five years of experience in a leadership role developing and delivering software-based training for a global audience. Experience managing wholly remote teams required.
- High degree of competency with adult learning concepts, practices, and procedures including the design and delivery of instructor-led and web-based training.
- Hands-on experience with multimedia technology and authoring tools such as Adobe Premiere and Captivate and/or Camtasia. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver, and Ancileu Perform a plus.
- Hands-on experience with CRMs (Salesforce preferred) and project management tools (JIRA preferred).
Our Training and Certification Team offers comprehensive, highly technical curricula to train our customers, partners, and employees on our software. We are developing and transforming our training into a forward-thinking, agile, change-positive resource. Weve experienced rapid growth in the demand for a wide range of training materials and the courses are having a direct impact on our customers, partners, and employees around the globe. Come join us!
Why you should join us
Carbon Black is a leader in endpoint security dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyberattacks. With more than 5,000 customersincluding 34 of the Fortune 100the opportunities here are massive and exciting.
With 1,200+ employees, offices across the world, and the best-of-the-best tools for collaboration from anywhere, now is an ideal time to become part of the CB Team. See where you fit best at Lifeatcb.carbonblack.com.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.
More Jobs From