Manager, Infrastructure Data Science
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Were looking for data science leaders to build teams with a passion for infrastructure and drive informed business decisions from data for Facebook. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights implemented in one of the largest cloud infrastructures in the world. The perfect candidate will have a background in computer science, applied statistics or a related technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience building software. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using data science to drive understanding, progression, and decision making for large organizations.
- Recruit and develop teams of experienced data scientists
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, machine learning, experimentation and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how user behavior affects infrastructure systems (and vice versa)
- Partner with engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence and support engineering decisions
- Mine massive amounts of data and extract useful product insights
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches