Manager, 3D Finance & Demand Planning
Who We Are
Are you curious about what the next generation of e-commerce will look like and how billions will shop in the next 5-10 years? Do you want to be a part owner at a revolutionary company, where youll contribute to complex innovation? At Wayfair, we are redefining the way our customers can shop for furniture & home goods using cutting edge technologies. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and passion for driving digital solutions.
The 3D Imagery Factory Operations team is a new and rapidly growing team at Wayfair that manages the virtual factory that builds high quality, photorealistic 3D models and imagery for both internal and external customers. These assets allow Wayfair to raise the quality bar for e-commerce imagery, build out mission-critical proprietary brands, and power our Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality experiences.
Our team is looking for a forward-thinking manager with a passion for operations, process improvement, analytics, and brand strategy who can sit at the head of the factory and be the critical connection point between our internal customers and the broader factory. Applicants for this role must be ready to optimize our operations processes in order to drive outsized results for our internal customers and brands. Note that no 3D experience is necessary for this role.
What Youll Do
- Plan 3D imagery demand as it enters the imagery factory. Work with the factory to balance demand and capacity on a weekly basis. Interface with internal customers to forecast incoming demand to expect in the coming weeks & months to plan capacity. Route demand effectively and efficiently via system of continuous process improvements
- Work with the product team to create a robust, transparent tech tool to intake customer orders, route them effectively to the correct place in the factory, and create comprehensive reporting on customer demand.
- Strategize with internal customers on how to marry their visions of proprietary 3D imagery to our current and future production capabilities. Work cross-functionally with all teams touching brand imagery - Creative Direction, Merchandising, 3D Imagery Production, Storefront, Testing, Brand etc - to ensure full coordination and clear project timelines on meeting imagery goals for these internal customers.
- Track proprietary 3D imagery coverage for our top WF brands. Identify the largest areas to improve coverage and execute one-off initiatives to do so. Recent examples include changing imagery metadata rules and how those affect site display, as well as putting a plan together to move from imaging one color option of a SKU to multiple color options.
- Create standard reporting across these areas to track progress and identify largest gaps to close
What Youll Need
- 5+ years of work experience. Operations and process-improvement focus is a plus.
- Results-driven, organized team player with strong emphasis on communication and agility. Management experience is a plus.
- Strong quantitative skills - analytical, problem-solving mindset with ability to find creative solutions
- Strong business acumen - ability to understand how various parts of a business interact and can identify and approach multifaceted problems
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Google suite, familiarity / proficiency with SQL and/or Google Big Query is a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and ability to summarize data in visual formats
- Experience thriving in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.