WHO WE ARE
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $500M in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. Were sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 11 cities and 3 continents. Thrasio develops and sells over 6,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories, putting the company in the top 25 Amazon sellers. At Thrasio, were reimagining, innovating, and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way ecommerce is done. If this sounds exciting to you, lets talk.
The Manager, Global Contract Manufacturing & Category Sourcing Management is responsible for building executing the end-to-end category strategy and plan for assigned category covering a range of hardline and softline consumer goods. This includes designing a category plan, building, and growing strategic partnerships with global contract manufacturers, and delivering strategic financial and operational value across the organization.
- Lead and execute the strategy and planning for assigned category of consumer goods by leveraging category mapping across Thrasio products portfolio, category global market analysis, cost benchmarking, efficient global contract manufacturing set-up and management and a robust strategic sourcing process
- Select, build, and manage strategic partnerships with global contract manufacturers to achieve an optimal balance on value, quality, speed to market, responsible sourcing and overall category risk profile
- Manage a global team sourcing and category management resources to efficiently execute the category strategy and meet key results
- Spearhead the establishment of quantitative category specific framework including market intelligence, e-sourcing tools, contract management, benchmarking metrics, suppliers performance management frameworks and effective reporting
- Build and disseminate category specific plans across the supply chain department and the organization overall by cross-functional collaboration with Mergers & Acquisitions, Supply Chain Due Diligence/Operations/Integrations, New Product Development, Brand Management, Quality Assurance and Legal teams.
What you bring to the party
- Bachelors degree in manufacturing or industrial engineering is required
- 7 years experience in contract manufacturing of a wide range of hardline and softline consumer goods (textile, bedding, electronics, kitchenware, small appliances, sports and outdoors, toys, home & garden, automotive accessories, medical devices, nutrition, health & wellness, Pet Care, etc.) for global retail or e-ecommerce organizations across several geographies including Asia-Pacific (Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Thailand, China, Japan, etc.); Eastern and Central Europe, Turkey and Mexico
- 3 years in a role managing global category and strategic sourcing teams for consumer products
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing appropriate category and sourcing strategies for a wide range of consumer goods in fast paced environments/high growth companies
- Have a working knowledge of Intellectual Property matters
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- A global citizen with outstanding people management across organizational levels, functions, cultures, and geographies
- Fluency in both English and one the following languages: Japanese, Spanish Turkish or Mandarin/Cantonese is preferred
- Flexibility to travel 30% domestic and international
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.