At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The GRMS US Personal Lines Platform team is actively searching for an experienced manager to support the following team:
Quoting & Vendor Management Platform Teams these teams are responsible for building, maintaining and continuing to evolve critical Product capabilities that support the quoting process. Quoting is a critical capability for GRM US and evolving the technology that supports it is a critical enabler to achieve our business strategy of 10% market share. In addition to the supporting the growth, development and delivery of these teams, this manager will also heavily collaborate with the Sales Technology organization to ensure the deliver of holistic quoting capabilities that support all channels. This manager will support and manager 3-4 agile squads.
Duties include employee professional development and leadership in partnership with other aligned managers for teams within their agile release trains and transformation journey. This manager reports into the Sr. Director of GRM US Personal Lines Platforms.
- Initiates and fosters collaborative partnerships with other aligned managers and senior scrum masters to support agile delivery teams; develops relationships that support increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coordinates and delivers performance reviews and drives professional development; Facilitates or provides mentoring experiences.
- Deals effectively with performance issues in a timely manner; Provides relevant coaching and support.
- Develops frameworks for benchmarking skills and establishing competency standards.
- Hires talent and actively engages in recruiting processes. Responsible for workforce and talent management plans.
- Influences financial plan for training budgets and/or overall unit and manages to plan (has no application or portfolio financial planning responsibilities)
- Participates in the development of business and/or IT vision, strategies, critical success factors and operating plans for application, unit or portfolio.
- Application ownership including but not limited to application continuity and resiliency, problem and incident management, compliance activities.
- Working with architecture and the agile teams to ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5-7 years experience related experience, including previous experience in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment
- In-depth knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) with experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach
- Working knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies
- Working knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies