We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Global Digital Services team is actively seeking to hire an Engineering Manager who will be responsible for the Communication Fabric and Omni-Channel services team. This role will help shape the future of connecting best in breed contact center technologies. You will help manage the development, implementation, and support of components needed to connect traditional telecom providers as well as cloud and service providers. Oversees operating plan and resource allocation for the unit, including prioritization and staff deployment. Ensures team adheres to applicable department and enterprise policies and processes. Manages teams which are generally each composed of 6-14 people.
- Manages an application, software development unit and/or portfolio of applications and ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Ensures application or portfolio of applications are enhanced and maintained to meet business functional need and vendor product maintenance remains current.
- Oversees the development, implementation and execution of project plans; ensures scope and schedule are established for projects and assignments.
- Works with customers and technical staff to ensure service level agreements are met, problems are resolved in a timely manner, application enhancements are completed and process and technical improvements are identified and implemented to improve overall operational efficiency.
- Hires and manages individual contributors; coaches and counsels team members.
- Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with organizational objectives.
- Appraises and evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations. Facilitates or provides mentoring experiences.
- Responsible for unit's workforce and talent management plans, including skills forecasting, staff development, training and succession planning.
- May establishes financial plan for the application, portfolio or overall unit and manages to plan.
- Initiates and fosters collaborative partnerships with current and potential clients, IT and business managers, vendors and IT executives; develops relationships that support increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- May lead efforts to evaluate, select and implement new technologies to enhance application, until or portfolio.
- Participates in the development of business and/or IT vision, strategies, critical success factors and operating plans for application, unit or portfolio.
- Bachelors degree in technical or business discipline or related experience required.
- Minimum 5+ years and typically eight or more years of experience with 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Experience with SIP voice implementations.
- Experience developing voice applications and services.
- Ideal candidate will have software development background in Java, Python.
- Experience with on premise and cloud communication providers.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative, communication, presentation and management skills, strong judgment and ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
- Requires strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills; In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools and IT standards and guidelines; knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies; thorough knowledge of business functions and operations, objectives and strategies.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.