Tech at Liberty Mutual
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
We are seeking a highly technical Manager for our Boston based LM Reinsurance team. In this role you will manage and coach a highly skilled full-stack engineering team while providing guidance and coaching for effective Agile execution. You will oversee the design, development and implementation of critical initiatives as well as the operating plan and team member allocation for the group. You will be part of a cross-functional, collaborative agile organization with a passion to deliver high value with the eye toward an expanding global footprint.
In this role you will:
- Participate in the development of business and/or technology vision, KPIs, strategies, and other critical factors.
- Foster partnerships with internal stakeholders/customers, vendors, and technology executives.
- Locally manage application, software development unit team and ensure system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Hire and manage individual contributors; coach and counsel team members. Define individual performance objectives and development plans and ensure alignment with organizational objectives.
- Appraise and evaluate team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations. Facilitate or provide mentoring experiences.
- Responsible for unit's workforce and talent management plans, including skills forecasting, staff development, training and succession planning.
- Ensure smooth operation of scrum related ceremonies; establish a high-performing, innovative, and inclusive culture.
- Initiate and foster collaborative partnerships with current and potential clients, IT and business managers, vendors and IT executives; develop relationships that support increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Liaison for IT financial plan for the application, portfolio or overall unit and manages to plan
- May lead efforts to evaluate, select and implement new technologies to enhance application, until or portfolio.
- Hire, coach, counsel, develop and retain talent.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Generally, 5-7 years related experience with 2+ years in a leadership role.
- In-depth experience with Java, AWS Spring PostgreSQL technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise software systems and cloud-native software engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of software development best practices and lean/agile methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
- Naturally inquisitive with a customer-centric mindset.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From