Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Manager of Engineering to join our athenaCollector team within our Core Products division. Your job will be to build and develop your team while effectively delivering on product releases.
With the athenaCollector product we diligently manage our clients revenue cycle so that doctors can focus on what matters: patients.
As an Manager on the team, you may have the opportunity to work on a broad range of product components with the technical knowledge of the product line in terms of architecture, tech stack, dependencies, scale and performance for their area of assignment. You have a record of providing influential connective tissue when needed by encouraging teams to utilize best practices upheld by other teams.
You are passionate about the essentials of software development and possess the burning desire to build effective teams and drive team culture in new directions. You are committed to not only building high-functioning teams, but also growing our engineers along their career paths. You are an effective communicator, who instills trust while driving vision & purpose. You balance priorities among partners, while ensuring accountability and results.
The Team: This team shepherds the financial health of our clients; working to ensure that in our increasingly complex healthcare landscape our providers are reimbursed appropriately. As an engineer on the athenaCollector Product team, you have the opportunity to work on product components and workflows used to ensure providers get paid, such as medical claim submission, revenue reporting, medical coding, patient account management, denials prevention and patient access.
- Provide managerial oversight of scrum teams to deliver products, considering both individual performance and team goals and ensuring alignment with the overall product line objectives
- Develop your team to grow them as engineers and as people, to make their development positions at athena their best job ever
- Maintain technical knowledge of product architecture and connective dependencies; ensure delivery of quality releases in partnership with product management
- About 5-7 years of progressive experience including leading teams in a technical environment
- Expertise in modern programming object-oriented languages, knowledge of Unix/Linux, relational databases, and various other technologies like modern JS frameworks and other based technologies
- Agile know-how very helpful
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From