Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. As a global employer, we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As we are committed to diversifying our company, we strongly encourage candidates that are historically underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Who you are
You are a creative and enthusiastic professional who is seeking to be part of a dedicated, growing People team focused on the exceptional experience of our employees. You will demonstrate strong customer service and project management skills as well as an eagerness to juggle a wide variety of responsibilities. As Manager, Employee Experience and Operations for Virgin Pulse you will be an integral part of the People Team (consisting of HR, Talent Acquisition and Employee Experience), reporting to the Sr. Manager, Employee Experience. In this role you will oversee the operational responsibilities and lead the employee experience initiatives for the Providence office. This dynamic role involves equal parts management of the office and of the culture. You will also be accountable for supporting various aspects of employee engagement including: new hire onboarding, social events, employee perks, recognition programs, employee communication, department meetings and Virgin Pulses’ Values and Virtues.
Ideally, you have experience in managing or running various office culture initiatives, planning and implementing company events, managing vendor relationships, creating internal messaging and campaigns, taking on special projects and boosting and fostering morale.
In this role you will wear many hats but your skills will be especially essential in the following:
- Coordination of all office operations for Virgin Pulse’s headquarters.
- Communication to the Providence employee community that supports the business, culture, and operations.
- Support for all aspects of the Employee Experience including onboarding, offboarding and employee perks.
- Planning and executing of onsite or virtual events.
- Oversight of the facilities and relationship with building management.
- Management of all headquarters’ vendor relationships, contracts and invoicing.
- Other special projects as needed or required.
What you bring to the team
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Embrace our virtues and values to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for our employees and guests.
- A keen ability to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize.
- You are always approachable and available – present in your role.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and leaders to support the success of the business.
- Ability and desire to learn new software applications as needed, quickly and accurately.
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience in related role.
- 2-3 years of experience in an office administrative role; facilities or office manager role preferred.
- Experience with event planning, coordination and communication
- Employee engagement experience preferred.
- General knowledge of Office 365 suite of products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- General knowledge of carrier tracking systems (UPS, USPS, DHL, FedEx, etc.).
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
*Please note that Virgin Pulse representatives will only communicate with you via our own corporate communication tools with virginpulse.com email addresses and through partnership with our Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS, which will clearly reference Virgin Pulse. We do not use third party apps like WIRE or WhatsApp to communicate.
At no time during the interview process will we ask you for secure PII data unless you are offered a job with Virgin Pulse. Should you be offered a job, and accept, you will be provided with secure links through our partnership with ADP.