Superpedestrian is engineering the future of Micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is comprised of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers ever assembled, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. We operate as LINK prioritizing safety from the inside out. Our unparalleled active vehicle monitoring, self-protection technologies, and robust mechanical design keep riders safe. Join us!
Superpedestrian is looking for an experienced electrical engineer to lead the design, test, and execution of electrical hardware and embedded systems hardware development. The work will require highly integrated and innovative design with the likelihood of generating IP along the way. You should have a solid knowledge of the iterative product development cycle with proven expertise in power train design for battery-powered electric vehicles. Ideally you would also have experience in two or more of the following: DC motor control; analog sensors; design for manufacturing and design for test; radio or IoT design; regulatory compliance. Our ideal candidate is a passionate technical leader who brings the expertise and confidence of a veteran electrical engineer as well as an infectious enthusiasm to create.
What you'll do:
- Lead design and development of all electrical and electronic hardware products associated with our fleet scooter platform.
- Assist with and contribute to conceptual design and product requirements for novel transportation platforms.
- Be responsible for all electrical design from concept to detailed design to full-scale manufacturing.
- Ideate and supervise the appropriate test methods for both prototype and production level hardware.
- Engage in intra-company collaboration between electrical, firmware, mechanical, product, manufacturing, and operations.
- Supervise and coach engineers of all experience levels with an eye toward their continued development and the overall performance of the electrical engineering team.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of relevant experience with a BS in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field.
- At least 4 years experience in developing electric vehicles or similar products, and a record of launching successful products.
- Demonstrated successful experience bringing a product or assembly through its entire lifecycle from initial concept to production manufacturing to sustaining support and engineering.
- Ability to mentor and develop an electrical engineering team.
- Proficiency in circuit design and layout (Altium experience highly valued).
- Proficiency in design of wiring, cabling, shielding, noise management, transient suppression, electrical packaging, heat sinking, and analog circuit design.
- Extensive experience designing microcontroller systems with multiple communication protocols (CAN, I2C, SPI, serial, etc).
- Experience processing and analyzing data emitted from embedded systems through modern data analysis techniques.
- Experience bringing products through EMC certification process.
- Experience designing edge computing platforms for cloud communications is a plus.
- Working knowledge of C or C++ programming languages in an embedded environment.
- Experience with hands-on projects and fluency with workshop tools.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan. Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.