The Scrum Master is a servant leader and coach for an Agile Scrum team, assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable. Our Scrum Master guides the team to self-organization.
The Scrum Master removes impediments (by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment), helps manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
The Scrum Masters responsibilities include managing team ceremonies and processes, assisting the team in achieving their commitments by building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
The Scrum Master facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution as well as assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
Our Scrum Masters will support teams that cover consumer-facing software development.
1. Assists the teams progress in achieving their commitments through strong issue, risk and dependency management. Collaborates with partners external to the team, including vendor partners and other Scrum teams for delivering, resolving prioritization, conflicts and synchronization.
2. Coaches the team in Lean-Agile practices, creating an environment of mutual influence by guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers. Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly impact quality.
3. Partners with Product Management, Engineering, and User Experience experts as a member of team leadership, to achieve results in delivery of key features needed in both development releases as well as product enhancement features.
4. Host Scrum team ceremonies such as backlog refinement, stand-ups, planning meetings, and retrospectives.
5. Manage and maintain team-level dashboard reporting to track execution for the team and stakeholder leadership.
6. Manage budget and spend through forecasting, team allocations and monitoring
3+ years experience with consumer-facing digital products.
Strong analytical, oral and written communication, presentation skills.
Strong servant leadership skills, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, mentoring, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
Experience with large scale development environment.
Technical aptitude to support programs use of work management and collaboration tools.
Experience using Agile best practices, i.e., burn-down charts, retrospective formats, defect management, user stories, ATDD, TDD, CI/CD, automated testing, etc.
Experience with other Agile approaches: i.e., XP, Kanban, FDD, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), etc.
Skills using project management and collaboration tools such as JIRA, CA Rally, Confluence/SharePoint, etc.
Advanced understanding of resource allocations, forecasting, and budgeting.
Scrum Master Certification
SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) Certification
Bachelor's degree preferred
OR EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.