The DevOps team at seismic uses open-source tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Ansible to drive automation of infrastructure as code. As we continue to grow and scale our product we continuously iterate to improve operational best practices for build, release, deployment, and reliability.
Our DevOps engineers play a critical role in the success of our product as we focus to shorten the process of development to delivery. With a solid understanding of software engineering, our geographically distributed team creates tools, scripts, and frameworks to help teams quickly and reliably release code to production. Additionally, we work closely with development teams to drive the adoption of tools and best practices throughout the SDLC. Initiatives you work on may include streamlining identity and access management, standing up a new environment, evaluating CNCF tools, or expanding into new clouds.
Who You Are:
- You possess a strong sense of ownership and take pride in the work that you do
- Thrive in ambiguous situations, you know when to take charge and move forward
- Passionate for automation, you understand that automation not only saves time, but allows developers to spend more time doing what they do best - code!
- Well versed in best practices in the DevOps and Cloud Engineering fields
What you will be doing:
- Build, scale, and secure application cloud infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Coach and mentor engineers and managers to be more effective and successful
- Increase efficiency and reliability across Engineering and Product teams
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to define and promote end-to-end ownership of services
- Improve how we define, monitor and respond to issue and alerts
- Securely manage and access secrets and credentials
- Evaluate emerging technologies and trends to meet business needs and objectives
What you bring to the team:
- 2+ years experience in an engineering management role
- 5+ years in a relevant DevOps role as an individual contributor
- Experience and knowledge working with Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience with container-based deployments and orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure automation management and provisioning experience (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Comfortable operating in a GNU/Linux or *BSD environment
- Fundamental understanding of Git, GitHub, and CI/CD pipeline tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proven track record of delivery of high-quality software in a fast-paced environment
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company and is emerging as the recognized category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyers' journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world's most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution. Seismic recently achieved a billion-dollar valuation and was named to the 2019 Forbes Cloud 100.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,000 employees across the globe, Seismic is the leading sales enablement and marketing orchestration platform provider, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate and Grapevine6. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.