The Manager, Data Science role at Wellframe is responsible for supporting and mentoring our data scientists as they deliver our product roadmap. This team uses cutting-edge machine learning technologies to solve problems at the intersection of healthcare and technology. The team works with large, multi-source datasets that include medical claims, mobile app, and care management data. This role requires a deep understanding of mathematical and statistical tools, in addition to their expertise in data analysis, to ensure the team thrives. The Manager, Data Science role reports to the VP of Data Science.
Areas of responsibility:
Supervise the delivery of data science roadmap
- Acts as a scrum master for at least one the data science team.
- Coordinate with data science leadership and business owners on the planning and sequencing of work. Communicate status of deliverables internally in the organization and externally to clients
- Remove any impediments that block data scientists from delivering features on time. Proactively identify any process or technology improvements that can enhance the productivity of the team.
- Identify areas of strategic technical debt and help balance business priorities against proactively paying off the debt.
Contribute to data tasks
- Perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Build descriptive and predictive models.
Guide the career growth of our data scientists
- Work closely with data scientists to tailor a career growth plan. Provide mentorship and feedback to data scientists to help them achieve their growth plan.
Lead recruiting efforts
- Help hire data scientists who embody Wellframes core values
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in either Math, Computer Science, Physics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or closely related quantitative field of study.
- At least 2 years of experience mentoring and leading data scientists.
- At least 5 years of data science experience.
- A deep understanding of machine learning fundamentals: multivariable calculus, linear algebra, optimization, probability, and statistics.
- Proficiency in data visualization libraries (Ex: D3, ggplot, matplotlib).
- Proficiency in using SQL.
- Proficiency in Python, R or both.
- Up-to-date knowledge of innovations in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Behaviors & Traits Required
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accepts feedback graciously.
- Strives not to commit the same mistake twice.
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices and new technologies.
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone cant help us achieve this ambition. Thats why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.