Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. As a global employer, we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Who you are
As a manager of Data Quality and Governance at Virgin Pulse, you will be accountable for setting up data governance policies as it relates to data in the internal data lake and data warehouse within the technical operations team at Virgin Pulse as well as establishing and maintaining quality in the database, reporting systems, and internal custom tools.
You will have the responsibility of improving the quality and protection of data and information assets. This position will focus on establishing policies and ensuring adherence to quality standards for data governance and data file / reporting quality. You will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining automated quality tools and systems, such as CI / CD against small internal department tools and maintenance of custom built data file QA tools.
You’ll be challenged to wear many hats as you devise strategies, plan, and coordinate features and enhancements that provide highly-technical solutions and complex data reporting for our global clients. You are not only comfortable with technology, you're motivated by it to fill gaps that support critical initiatives, you lead by establishing project ownership and accountability, and constantly challenge the status quo of how we deliver quality, accuracy and with timeliness in mind.
In the role of Manager, Data Quality & Governance you will wear many hats but your attention will be crucial in the following;
- Working closely with quality engineers across multiple teams to ensure guidelines and processes are understood and being used.
- Collaborating with team leads in data and architecture teams to ensure data ownership and quality.
- Creating, documenting, managing, maintaining new data governance and quality projects and standards
- Frequent communication with internal and external teams and clients regarding quality processes and data governance.
- Collaborating with product and engineering teams to ensure ownership and quality of data sources.
- Managing projects for CI / CD of small internal tools.
- Goal setting and prioritization
- Development QA and governance skills across multiple teams
- Setting and meeting deadlines
You will be a great fit for this role if you align with our organizational focus on customer-centric efficiency, long-term thinking and passion for technology. Specifically, we think good leaders will demontrate the following traits:
- You possess strong communication skills and are able to speak technically with data engineering and architecture teams as well as interact with non-technical teams in Customer Success, Sales, Finance, and directly with clients.
- You think tactically to get urgent priorities and quality needs met, but also strategically to build our quality and governance standards to be stronger and more effective.
- You help come up with creative solutions to solve execution problems along the way to meet project timelines.
- You are a role model and good ambassador for our core values and can lead by example, setting expectations and context. Integrity is not just fundamental to our business, it is core to our mission.
- You care about long term quality and productivity improvement by strategizing and implementing a wide range of initiatives.
What you bring to the team.
- You have a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Have deep experience and knowledge necessary to establish and govern an enterprise level data governance implementation roadmap, including strategic priorities for both data systems, tools, and outgoing reports.
- Proven experience implementing data governance, data quality, and CI / CD practices and programs, including knowledge and experience with modern technologies.
- Have deep experience and knowledge necessary to define roles and responsibilities required to maintain accountability and stewardship of data and data systems.
- Have demonstrated capabilities to effectively communicate across business and engineering departments.
- Have demonstrated experience managing projects and timelines across multiple teams with conflicting priorities.
- Have in-depth experience with CI / CD processes and how to implement them.
- Establish and maintain an inventory of the enterprise data, systems, structures, and ownership.
- Define performance and quality metrics to ensure reportability of our quality both internally and externally.
- Possess leadership capabilities to lead QA team members in best practices.
- The ability to determine and ascertain required resources for project achievements
- Have a demonstrated ability for attention to detail and accuracy
- Have some understanding of Python programming languages and coding techniques which we use for doing automated QA of internal ETL, database tables, and outgoing data files.
- Have an understanding and some experience using version control (svn, git, etc…)
- Understand effective cross-cultural communications
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage your time well
- You have outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- You are an excellent communicator (written and verbal) and comfortable discussing data operations
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities (OWASP/CWE).
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.