Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
As the Data Operations Manager, you will work in a dynamic IT organization supporting enterprise data operations and reporting. Working closely with your business stakeholders, you will help to define, design and deliver business critical analytics and operational reporting. You will help to build and manage a growing team of developers, data integration specialists and report builders. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Applications and Data Services, you will help define and support iRobot’s Data Operations function and expand its capabilities to service a growing and diverse business user community.
- Manage and Lead the Data Operations team consisting of data warehouse developers, ETL experts and report writers
- Operational management of data processing lifecycle, identifying actionable improvements and optimizations to support growing complexity and demand
- Proactively meet with key business stakeholders to help define, design and deliver business-driven data services, reporting and analytics
- Hands-on approach to user community data/report training and problem/resolution management
- Manage and participate in large, complex projects from start to finish, complying with our internal PMO (Project Management Office) process.
- Monitor, triage and assign data operations work captured through IT service desk, Kanban boards, Slack, and other user community interfaces
- Documents data operations policies and procedures for the IT group and for our internal customers, including data operations topology and roadmaps, data source lineage and data processing calendars
- Represent Data Operations platform on all applicable internal boards and committees, eg. Change Advisory Board, Technology Review Board, Supplier Engagement Committee, etc.
May perform or support the following additional functions (as appropriate to specific roles or as directed by your manager):
- Manages and guides the testing of business applications using appropriate methodologies and tools to improve quality, flexibility, and efficiency.
- Manages documentation library and works with business analysts to fill documentation gaps.
- Develops, delivers and maintains application training courses as applicable in support of company-wide training needs and initiatives.
Education: BS/BA in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
Experience: total of 8+ years business experience with at least 5 years in data warehouse development or business intelligence design, implementation, modification and support for a global user community. 3 years operational experience managing and leading teams.
- Broad conceptual knowledge and understanding of information technologies and methodologies, software development processes, project management techniques, and IT operational disciplines of “run and maintain”.
- Demonstrated understanding of Oracle eBusiness Suite R12 Financials and Supply Chain modules
- Strong Supply Chain, Sales Operations, Logistics, Accounting, and FP&A business support skills including forecast, demand planning, month end close processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of Tableau server, Tableau desktop, report and dashboard development, related security and administration
- Hands-on experience with data warehouse design, data modeling, ETL design and cloud-based data integration techniques, report development and data visualization concepts
- Proficiency with data operational support processes and project management methodologies, tools and processes
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization: interpret user requirements, identify the root cause, research possible solutions, identify most feasible solutions
- Proven track record in building, sustaining and navigating stakeholder relationships in and outside the organization
- Ability to lead, influence, coach and develop peers on project teams so that project goals are achieved, top talent retained employing fact-based decision making and effective approaches to conflict resolution
- Must be able to work creatively, calmly, flexibly and under tight deadlines in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting/multiple demands and opportunities
- Attention to detail, and ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to inspire a team, work independently as well as with others in a matrix environment
- Up to 10% international travel
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From