A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
The role of Manager CDI is a key part of Devoted Healths risk adjustment operations. Leading our team of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists will be critical in supporting our key provider partners as we look for the complete and accurate documentation of our members. This position will manage our CDI teams efforts to ensure the accuracy of all diagnostic documentation and coding to support our Medicare Advantage program.
This individual will lead a team of Clinical Documentation Specialists engaging provider groups in multiple geographic locations across the country to develop processes to ensure complete and accurate documentation and coding for Devoted's member populations. In addition, the Manager will create and oversee performance metrics.
The person in this role is expected to work with their team to build provider group relationships,ensure effective coding education and reporting, proactively identify performance improvement opportunities through analysis of medical record documentation; and influence team behavior to achieve accurate coding and documentation results.
A day in the life may look like this....
- Manages the Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (CDIs) and establishes ongoing team performance monitoring and reporting
- Keep staff engaged in meeting department goals. Actively participates in maintaining positive and collaborative relationships
- Remain current and collaborate with Lead, Field Programs as an internal expert on ICD-10-CM coding guidelines, AHA Coding Clinic Guidance and CMS Risk Adjustment guidance for CDI staff and providers
- Design, develop and deliver complete Provider education and training regarding Risk Adjustment based on trends and areas of opportunity regarding compliant coding practices.
- Maintains an open and collaborative working relationship with all members of the Risk Adjustment team and our provider network.
- Identifies trends or potential problems and works proactively to find and implement solutions.
- Tracks performance of CDI team members and physician partners and formulates action plans based upon results.
- Tracks program successes and ongoing opportunities for improvement.
- 3+ years managing a Coding, CDI, and Practice Performance-Focused Team
- 3 + years in Medicare Risk Adjustment Demonstrated ability to create and deliver clear and effective presentations
- Current with CMS guidelines as it relates to Risk Adjustment
- CPC or CRC certification through AAPC or CDI or CCS certification through AHIMA
- Ability to thrive in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Desire to utilize and influence new and ever-changing technology to drive team performance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage to metrics
- Willingness to jump in and do whatever is necessary to make your team a successful, engaged,high performing team
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.