We are looking for a People Manager to join our Claim Readiness team within our Technology Enabled Services division. Your job will be to ensure that athenaNets claims data is effectively and efficiently leveraged to deliver industry leading billing rules that generate superior billing outcomes for healthcare providers. The role combines technical expertise in data analysis and metric definition with the management acumen required to lead a team of talented data analysts supporting a broad, complex product.
But enough about us, let us talk about you.
You have a passion for building effective teams and processes and strong attention to detail. You have experience creating meaningful analysis with large, complex datasets. You are enthusiastic about problem solving and can confidently partner with stakeholders, using your experience with data analysis to surface true insight, iterate on approach, and drive results. You are at your best when tackling new problems and supporting innovation.
The Team: Our Claim Readiness team eliminates the administrative burden associated with medical billing and ensures our clients cash flow by enabling the creation of accurate insurance claims with minimal client work.
- Utilizing their knowledge and experience with data analysis/data analysis tools to develop and execute against a vision for utilizing athenas data assets to promote the continuous improvement of network billing outcomes
- Partnering with Technology Enabled Services (TES) Business Intelligence to ensure your team has the necessary tools, data assets, and metrics to monitor and drive network billing performance improvement without the need for expert level SQL skills
- Designing the team structure, processes, and workflows to exploit TES data assets and supply a team of business analysts with data-driven insights to maximize clean claims, while minimizing manual work
- Hiring, onboarding, and training your team on the effective and efficient utilization of data assets and tools
- Bachelors Degree required (advanced degree preferred) in a quantitative or technical discipline such as, economics, finance, computer science, business, or a similar quantitative field
- 6+ years of professional work experience, inclusive of 2+ years of data analytics
- Experience designing, maturing, and managing teams with multiple members
- Strong understanding of relational databases, BI tools, OLAP technologies, and the ability to gather data; expert level SQL skills
- Ability to effectively create reports and synthesize data into digestible and actionable information
- Proven track record of influencing across a range of audiences, both internal and external, and across a range of cohorts
- Familiar with healthcare revenue cycle management as well as the various reimbursement models; hands on experience working directing in support of healthcare revenue cycle a plus
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.