Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a People Manager to join our Claim Readiness team within our Technology Enabled Services division. Your job will be to maximize the value of athenas billing rules to healthcare providers by overseeing, improving upon, and designing the workflows and initiatives Claim Readiness uses to ensure accurate and comprehensive coverage of billing requirements.
But enough about us, let us talk about you.
You are an analytical, technically-minded, driven individual with the ability to confidently partner with stakeholders to prevent billing issues and improve customer outcomes. You will build effective relationships with employees and rally them around your efforts to provide customers with industry leading billing rules that deliver superior results. You will own the industry and payer-specific business logic in athenas billing rules engines, successfully devising initiatives, allocating resources, and ensuring your team has the right tools and knowledge to effectively and efficiently codify billing requirements.
The Team: Our Claim Readiness team eliminates the administrative burden associated with medical billing and ensures our clients cash flow by enabling the creation of accurate insurance claims with minimal client work.
- Managing the day to day activities of Claim Readiness Business Analysts, assuring quality and timely updates to athenas industry and payer-specific rule business logic
- Identify and oversee initiatives that cultivate athenas billing rules to ensure the delivery of an industry leading billing rules engine that produces superior customer outcomes
- Research and drive the continuous improvement of workflows within and across operational areas to ensure the efficient, accurate, and comprehensive codification of billing requirements
- Bachelors Degree required; 2+ years of relevant Management experience, including people management
- Experience solving complex healthcare billing problems involving revenue cycle, claim formatting, and coding requirements
- Understanding of the process of medical billing and medical terminology
- Proven ability to organize time, information, and to elevate and initiate change
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification is a plus
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From