Manager, Catalog & Vendor Optimization, North America
Workhuman® employs a unique business model that combines a sophisticated SaaS platform with an e-Commerce-based redemptions experience that enables the employees at our partner clients to purchase merchandise, gift cards, services and experiences with the points they receive through our recognition program. Our mission as an e-Commerce team is to engage and inspire this captive audience and delight our customers with the content, site experience, and assortment that makes each recognition moment truly special and memorable while maximizing business potential and growing profitability.
We are in rapid expansion mode and are building the e-Commerce team needed to shape and execute on our vision and plan for taking our redemptions experience and offering to the next level, further differentiating us in the space and supporting our overall business growth. In joining the e-Commerce team at this exciting stage, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our overall business and success metrics and will gain unparalleled experience in building a dynamic and robust ecommerce offering and customer experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, analytical leader and problem-solver who enjoys building and is excited by the dynamics of an early-stage environment which requires balancing high-level strategy and long-term planning with agile and creative real-time problem solving.
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Catalog Management, North America
Location: Framingham, MA
What You will be Doing:
Oversee and lead strategic planning for the optimization of our redemption catalog and offering in North America, including Merchandise, Gift Cards and new categories. Improve profitability on current offering through vendor negotiations, catalog curation, and price testing.
- Maintain relationships with all current US Merchants (Gift Card partners), and suppliers feeding our North American merchandise catalogs across the US, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico
- Negotiate with current US Merchants to secure additional volume discounts for top-performing Gif Cards within our network. Source promotional funding, by leveraging shelf-space and new client growth.
- Partner with Category Manager and Operations to lead relationship with current US Merchandise vendors, working cross functionally to optimize current terms, pricing and assortment
- Identify opportunities to leverage and sell shelf space to existing vendors and suppliers; maximize profitability of promotional and discretionary shelf space and collaborate with the Merchandising team to implement
- Create innovative hypotheses to test curating and optimizing our everyday catalog, balancing long-term strategy with the ability to deliver quick wins in our test & learn environment
- Develop and implement solution for our ‘employee celebrations’ catalog and offering, partnering with internal cross functional stakeholders and external vendors to rebuild this program
- Maintain a clear perspective on market trends, pricing and best practices across retail and e-Commerce in the categories we sell
- Work directly with the Category Manager to highlight sourcing needs and implement solutions across the catalog, including assortment gaps, pricing bands and new category opportunities
The Skills You Will Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in a category or buying role; e-Commerce experience preferred
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results in an unstructured environment
- Deep experience in vendor negotiations; able to communicate effectively and sell current vendors and suppliers on strategic roadmap to improve company profitability and customer experience
- Collaborator who thrives on teamwork and has a demonstrated ability to accomplish goals by working cross-functionally
- Desire to make an impact on business decisions with data; possess a balance of strong quantitative and analytical skills with a passion for relationship building
- Resourceful and creative problem solver – proven ability to tackle complex challenges with limited resources
- Positive, team player attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity; motivated by and willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done
- Proficient in Excel
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
- Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
- We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
- Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.