Are you a Finance or Operations professional who's interested in working in a role getting exposure to both worlds? Continue reading!
Do you want to join the fastest growing start up within Wayfair? CastleGate is an entrepreneurial new business within Wayfair that is revolutionizing supply chain logistics and the order fulfillment process across Wayfairs catalog of home goods. This position will be responsible for supporting investment decisions related to new and existing facilities in the logistics network. We are working to rapidly scale our network with optimal cost efficiency. The right candidate will bring a mix of analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong financial skills to succeed in our highly collaborative and cross functional team environment. Strategic questions this person may be tasked with answering include: Where should we launch a new warehouse? When should we launch it? How big should it be? What functions should be in it? What is the ROI in equipment investments? When does it make sense to increase or decrease investment in certain equipment types? How should we manage inventory to meet capacity constraints?
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers shopping experience, and develop unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one-day and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfairs newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
What youll do:
- Build financial models to understand long term cash flow impact and ROI of network decisions
- Create opportunity cost analyses to identify optimal course of action
- Draft business proposals for tactical recommendations
- Present findings to operations leaders
- Work across various teams to develop new processes to streamline future decision making
What youll need:
- Bachelor's degree, plus 4+ years of experience in finance, operations, or strategy in a fast-paced environment or top-tier management consulting firm
- Ability to thrive in a high growth and entrepreneurial environment where strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are a must
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems even when clean and or complete information is not available
- Strong Excel modeling capability; experience in SQL is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.