This is a unique opportunity to play a leading role in a developing and managing the Pricing and Profitability of the CastleGate business at Wayfair. This position will be responsible for helping grow the overall CastleGate business, with focus on inbound transportation, by helping scale the adoption of existing services and developing the go-to-market strategies (defining pricing and operating capabilities) for new ones. The right candidate will bring a mix of analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong financial acumen to succeed in our highly collaborative and cross functional team environment. Strategic questions this person will be tasked with answering include: what price do we enter the market at and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each option? How should pricing and our service offerings evolve as we grow the businesses? How does the CastleGate service offering provide value and what trade-offs can we make to grow the business? In addition, this role leads the Financial Planning & Analysis activities of the business, driving the monthly reviews of business performance and building forward looking forecasts.
What is CastleGate
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers shopping experience, and develop unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one- and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfairs newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
What youll do:
Drive strategic initiatives
- Critically evaluate our existing service offering in context of the broader market, pricing and profitability, and organizational capabilities
- Lead pricing initiatives for a rapidly growing business that create supplier incentives to drive overall supply chain efficiency
- Identify ways to help scale the CastleGate service offering by finding win-win scenarios where CastleGate augments suppliers existing supply chains
- Lead and support new program launches: develop business models for new offerings and prepare pitch materials for executive teams, evaluate pricing strategy and market positioning, support costing strategy, etc.
- Partner with Account Management to grow the business including customer acquisition planning, sales support, and financial analysis
Lead Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for the Inbound business
- Act as the CFO for inbound transportation operations and initiatives, providing financial analysis/reporting and thoughtful strategic insights
- Lead financial forecasting process built on a deep understanding of key business drivers
- Lead problem solving and process/systems improvement to efficiently scale the business
- Collaborate with groups within the CastleGate team and company-wide including Transportation, Finance, Engineering and Warehouse Management
What you need
- Bachelor's degree, plus 5+ years of experience in finance, operations, or strategy in a fast-paced environment or top-tier management consulting firm. MBA preferred.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Must have strong financial acumen, with deep understanding of a P&L / income statement, and ability to link operational performance to financial data
- Ability to thrive in a high growth and entrepreneurial environment where strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are a must.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.