Office Tour Photos
Manager, Carrier Procurement Strategy
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). We are looking for a Manager, Final Mile Carrier Procurement who will help lead the strategic sourcing of delivery partners and drive operational excellence throughout our Final Mile carrier network.
What You'll Do
- Create and drive procurement strategy and vision to create an industry leading final mile network with best in class customer service.
- Discover delivery partners who are complementary to our mission
- Engage and reengage delivery partners to build and maintain relationships
- Develop applicable sourcing strategies
- Negotiate with outside delivery partners to obtain valuable terms and conditions
- Examine existing contracts and determine areas of opportunity
- Analyze risk and perform risk management of delivery partner base
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure delivery partners are chosen and integrated with an optimal approach
What You'll Need
- Sales and Business Development mindset with a strong desire to "win"
- Experience with contacting potential vendors, negotiating favorable rates, and converting leads to signed contracts
- Natural-born communicator you are approachable, confident and enthusiastic. You communicate (both verbal and written) detail processes in a simple and concise manner making information easy to understand and engaging at all levels
- Detail-oriented and organized you have an eye for detail and remember to cross your "T's" and dot your "I's."
- Flexible and quick on your feet you are comfortable speaking with people and answering questions you may not be prepared for
- Self-starter you set goals and go after them passionately
- Rapid decision-maker you have no problem making decisions quickly and confidently
- Execution you have a strong ability to make a plan come to life with a creative approach quickly
- Microsoft Office Expert you're always being asked, "How did you do that?" when you're working in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Experience with procurement, purchasing or contracting
- Logistics / Warehousing Experience
- Project Management
- Organizational Development
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From