Wayfair is seeking a relentlessly curious, solutions-oriented Manager to join B2C Sales Strategy Analysis and Data Insights team. This team provides thought leadership and analytical rigor needed to drive our rapidly evolving B2C sales channel.
Wayfairs B2C sales team consists of product experts and sales agents who help customers purchase complex, design-heavy, or technically sophisticated products. The Strategy Analysis and Data Insights team is responsible for analyzing customer behavior and operational performance to provide visibility, test and optimize strategic business initiatives. The team is highly cross-functional and works closely with Product Management, Engineering, Data Science, Field operation, Marketing and Storefront to grow the B2C sales channel.
About the role:
In this highly technical role, you will be a key contributor and lead strategy and analytics work for one or more teams within B2C Sales. This role requires a blend of analytical experience, business acumen, strong communication, strategic thinking and leadership experience. All these skill sets will be applied in tandem with understanding customer behavior and business performance to drive revenue growth, better customer experience, operational efficiency and profitability. Whether youre measuring operational performance, analyzing customer behavior trends or optimizing scripts, you will be working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets. You will think critically to tackle complex challenges in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
What You'll Do:
- Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems with deep customer focus, applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Build a strong understanding of B2C sales operations and KPIs that impact overall business performance such as call efficiency, conversion rates etc.
- Drive decision-making in a cross-functional setup with data science, product, BI and operation team
- Work with several large and complex databases and wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, product, and customer databases to create visualizations and derive insights used for decision-making
- Collaborate with Data Science, Infrastructure, and other Analytics teams using tools such as Looker and SQL to deliver real-time performance data to the business leadership team
- Lead analytics efforts for A/B testing of new product initiatives; Work with storefront clickstream data and operational performance data to understand impact of B2C sales initiatives
- Collaborate cross-functionally to formulate hypothesis, develop statistical models and socialize recommendations that address strategic and operational challenges
- Synthesize insights from data analysis and present business cases to senior leadership
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors degree in an analytical discipline such as: Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or Finance
- Post-graduate work in related field preferred
- Prior consulting experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with cross-functional team
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions that drive business decision making
- 5+ years relevant analytical experience in operating with large data sets,extracting insights and presenting recommendations to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Experience with SQL or GBQ and structured computer programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, R, SAS)
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g., Looker, Data Studio) or BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos)
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis; Strong written and verbal communication.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.