Forward Financing: Manager, Accounting
This is a terrific opportunity for a smart and collaborative technologist to join our Engineering organization and lead one of our development squads. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts, we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
This is a great opportunity to be the first Accountant in a fast growing company. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, you will play an important role in managing the Company’s accounting processes, providing valuable insight that will be used to assess the performance of Forward Financing. Collaborating frequently with the Director of Strategy, Finance & Analytics as well as the rest of the Leadership team, your role in working on all accounting initiatives will be critical to driving our mission forward.
In this role you will:
Implement and maintain accounting systems using QuickBooks or similar software
- Create and share weekly and monthly reports related to all aspects of financial analysis, including revenue and expenditures
- Oversee and handle monthly close responsibilities and financial reporting for various internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the payroll process
Create and share lender and investor reports, including covenant calculation and analysis
- Work with an international subsidiary to ensure their reporting is accurate and timely
- Research new accounting pronouncements and policies that may impact Forward Financing
- Assists FP&A team in forecasting and budgeting for each department
- Work with external auditors to complete the annual audit;
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Judgment: Strong business acumen and excellent logic and reasoning skills, Ability to exercise great judgment while working independently in a fast-paced environment
- BS/BA+ in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 3+ years of experience as a private accountant
- Proven ability to think analytically, while also possessing exemplary financial skills and excellent communication
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $400m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too! We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station and conveniently located to all major "T" lines. You will have the opportunity to work with people who enjoy a fun, social office culture, as well as wonderful engineers all over the world.
More Jobs From