Manager, Account Management Team
Salsify is looking for a Customer Focused Sales Leader to help build and run a team of account managers at our Boston, MA HQ. We know that account management can mean a lot of things at different companies so for background, Salsifys Account Management team is a quota carrying sales team responsible for growth / upsell within the customer base, as well as retention / renewal of customers. Each account manager typically has 40 - 60 customers and carries an upsell quota and retention goal.
This is not a role for someone who wants to stand still! You have full responsibility for the teams success. You will be asked to help your team achieve their goals by leading, coaching and managing in order to exceed our retention and upsell goals. We are always looking to improve, and you are a major stakeholder in how we do this.
- Manage a team of 6 - 8 account managers across our SMB / Enterprise customers
- Develop a deep understanding of Salsifys formal sales process, as well as our sales methodologies (MEDDIC / Customer Centric Selling) and coach your team to ensure adherence
- Forecast weekly, monthly and quarterly against upsell / renewal goals
- Assist in formal customer activities where appropriate, including executive business reviews, customer onsite meetings and sales process steps like negotiations and driving on time renewals
- Help team develop playbooks and ideas for at risk customers to drive towards a renewal or high growth potential customers to drive sales opportunities to a close
- Build skills, confidence and trust with direct reports as well as provide developmental feedback for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with other managers and leadership across our organization to increase the value that customers receive and are able to realize from Salsify to ultimately increase upsell and reduce churn. Key stakeholders are across customer success, customer marketing, product and business development.
- Play a key role in the recruiting process
- Maintain a deep knowledge of Salsifys business value, core product capabilities, customer stories and product offerings and recommend / execute plans to improve
- Demonstrate Salsifys core values
- Experience working with customers in a management capacity. This is a sales management role, but the right person for this job needs to have customer first experience
- Experience leading a consultative B2B SaaS sales process with a track record of consistently over-achieving targets
- Experience working with c-level executives to deliver value and solutions (selling to brand manufacturers is preferred)
- Superior coaching skills - ability to observe, evaluate and use various techniques to improve results
- Detail oriented and the ability to manage multiple objectives
- Strong analytic skills to identify team and program organizational trends and results
- Experience selling a SaaS solution