Machine Learning Platform Engineer
We are looking for a Machine Learning Platform Engineer to join our athena intelligence (a.i) team within our Data Engineering division. You will be responsible for the deployment, monitoring, and continuous operation of the athena.intelligence big data analytics cloud ecosystem. Our athena.intelligence (a.i) team unleashes the power of athena’s one-of-a-kind healthcare dataset by applying advanced analytics and machine learning to terabytes of data. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design & engineering excellence. You strive to solve traditional operations problems through automation and enjoy learning new tools, languages, and DevOps frameworks. You are able and willing to dig deep into infrastructure and code to solve problems.
The Team: Our athena.intelligence (a.i) team is improving the state of healthcare in the US by tackling some of the most complex data challenges in the industry. We build cloud-based software and data analytics platforms that are used by our data scientists, who then deploy production-grade models into our environment.
- Be an integral part of a team responsible for a blend of developing and deploying Machine Learning algorithms in the cloud
- Ensure our Cloud based platform is available and performant, and that we can proactively identify problems
- Build tools to improve speed, confidence and visibility of our platform
- Help build security into every step of the software & infrastructure life cycle
- Collaborate with the NOC, Cloud SRE teams and Engineering on customer issues as needed
- Participate in a periodic on-call rotation (Workload sustainability is important - we don't want anyone burning out.)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or IT. Alternatively, must have strong hands-on DevOps experience in lieu of formal academic qualification
- 3+ years of Experience in one or more of Software Engineering, DevOps, NOC, or on SRE teams
- Experience deploying, tuning, and maintaining Linux-based, high scale, highly-available, fault-tolerant enterprise class software platforms
- Hands on experience with public Cloud offerings such as Amazon’s AWS Services
- Familiarity with modern programming and scripting languages. Strong experience with one or more of - Python, Linux shell scripting, Perl - is a must
- Familiarity with common monitoring, log aggregation and metrics gathering platforms (Grafana, Prometheus, CloudWatch, Icinga, Sensu, Splunk, Telegraf/InfluxDB, et al.)
- Familiarity with one or more databases such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Our Mission: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, you’ve come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), tuition reimbursement, collaborative work spaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.