We are looking a Machine Learning Engineer who will work on a team focused on data science, predictive analytics and related projects.
Athena is a data driven company who empowers our clients to be data-driven through reports, dashboards, and machine learning services. But enough about us; Lets talk about you.
You are a data aficionado with a passion for machine learning and automation.
What is most important to you is learning new things, and youre seeking the best environment to enable that growth for yourself.
The Team: Our athena.intelligence team is made up of data scientists and data engineers who deliver insights that leverage data from across the athenahealth network to solve the most challenging, impactful problems. Data science is a key part of our strategy.
Behaviors and Abilities Required:
- Hands-on data science engineer; eager to do important work
- You are passionate about learning and disseminate new knowledge
- You can effectively communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- You can maintain flexibility and strong work quality in fast-paced environments with strong industry and business demands
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors or Masters in a relevant field such as computer science, data science, math, statistics and other related disciplines. Advanced degree (PHD, MS) a plus
- 1+ years of professional experience in some or all aspects of designing, building, training, deploying and evaluating machine learning models in production software environments
- Expertise in leveraging advanced techniques in areas such as deep learning, NLP, classification, predictive modeling, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python and/or other programming languages
- Proficiency with data analysis and modeling tools, e.g., python, Jupyter, R, RStudio, and libraries like tensorflow and pyTorch, and with relational databases (e.g., SQL, postgres, etc.) and query optimization. Familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments. AWS experience is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in Healthcare, or experience preferred
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.