Office Tour Photos
At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the worlds largest, most successful financial institutions.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for tackling a wide range of problems from natural language processing to timeseries prediction. You will move beyond the theoretical confines of academia and apply your tradecraft to build machine learning systems on real world data. In this role you will constantly collaborate and work with groups of engineers. Our machine learning team is responsible for delivering ML-based solutions from problem framing, to prototyping, to production application.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that could transform the way people think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit startup Kenshin community that provides our employees with a collaborative, communicative environment that allows us to tackle the biggest challenges in data.
- You will conduct original research on large proprietary and open source data setsIdentify, research, prototype, and build predictive products
- You will build cutting-edge models for understanding vast amounts of textual dataWrite production code
- You will write tests to ensure the robustness and reliability of your productionized models
- You will work closely with software engineers to build incredible systems
What We Look For
- You have at least one core programming expertise, such as python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas), MATLAB, or R
- You have experience with advanced machine learning methods
- You possess strong statistical knowledge, intuition, and experience modeling real data
- You have a stellar ability to communicate even the most complicated methods and results to a broad, often non-technical audience
- You demonstrate effective coding, documentation, and communication habits
- Several of the following terms should hold deep meaning for you: LSTM, lookahead bias, bagging, boosting, stacking, information retrieval, batch norm, entity recognition, bootstrapping, Glorot initialization, Kullback-Leibler divergence, GLOVE, SMAPE, HMM, MAP, exponential family, VC dimension, EM, L1, TD(Lambda)
How You Can Really Get Our Attention
- You have 3+ years of experience being a major machine learning contributor at a top company, hedge fund, or university
- Your github/kaggle profile shows a project or problems youve tackled
- You have the ability and credibility to lead a team
Technologies You Will Use
- Python and specifically Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, scikit-learn
- Neural network packages like TensorFlow and Keras
- ML packages like LightGBM and XGBoost
Benefits & Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018 for $550M, the largest FinTech AI acquisition ever. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global.
As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives.
Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
More Jobs From