At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the worlds largest, most successful financial institutions.
As a Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer at Kensho, you are a thoughtful, collaborative, and dynamic technologist who loves building the infrastructure that enables building production ML systems seamlessly. You are relentless about bringing high quality software design practices to a discipline where it is sometimes lacking. In this role you will constantly use your top-notch collaboration skills working with groups of engineers who approach problems very differently. You understand the subtleties and pitfalls of running statistical models in a production environment, and you are passionate about building robust systems to do so.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that could transform the way people think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit startup Kenshin community that provides our employees with a collaborative, communicative environment that allows us to tackle the biggest challenges in data.
- You will work closely with a diverse group of machine learning engineers, software engineers, and infrastructure engineers
- You will build robust systems backed by statistical models
- You will write production level software
- You will build systems to automate model training, deployment and usage
- You will build sophisticated systems to monitor the health and performance of statistical models
What We Look For
- You have 3+ years of professional work experience
- You have experience running production services in a modern, containerized cloud environment
- You have expertise in automated and scalable testing, automation, and continuous integration frameworks and best practices
- You have experience with a statistics or machine learning framework (scikit-learn, tensorflow, statsmodels, pytorch)
- You have the desire to build a strong, operationally minded engineering culture
- You have strong coding skills
- You possess clear and thorough documentation, and communication habits
- You are a thoughtful and collaborative code reviewer and teammate
How You Can Really Get Our Attention
- Major technical contributor at a top 10 software company
- Your open source projects show innovation and initiative
- Research, publications, and patents
Technologies You Will Use
Benefits and Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018 for $550M, the largest FinTech AI acquisition ever. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global.
As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives.Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
More Jobs From