iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and their employees secure access to the Internet on any device, from any location, in the cloud. This eliminates the need for traditional security appliances, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by over 190 issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss protects more than 4,000 organizations worldwide. The Company is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has operations in Orlando, San Diego, London, and the Philippines.
At iboss, we believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and highly empowered to drive excellence. Come be a part of the team that will transform the way cybersecurity is delivered!
The Linux System Administrator at iboss is responsible for handling the support Infrastructure, operating systems, virtual platforms, and applications. The administrator is responsible for the integrity and security of the servers and computer systems by following established security protocols and practices.
- Managing and maintaining iboss monitoring systems, ensuring the systems are updated with changing technologies.
- Primary responsibility for setup, installation, integration, monitoring, documentation, and maintenance of all Linux-based systems in a centralized IT environment
- Responding to system and/or network faults to ensure internal and external SLAs are met
- Following escalation procedures to engage key resources to respond to critical events
- Working with internal stake holders (DevOps, support, sales) and 3rd party vendors to schedule maintenance.
- Provide escalation-level technical support and system engineering for all Linux-based platforms
- Work with team members to perform regular system audit and security reviews, including evaluation, implementation, and management of best practices in computer security
- Create and maintain documentation related to global points of presence and procedures
- Strong Linux background (RHEL, CentOS, Debian, etc.)
- Proficient / Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting skill set
- Ability to assess and prioritize incidents quickly while under pressure
- Basic understanding of the OSI model and internetworking
- Bachelors Degree or working towards a bachelors degree
- Capability to multitask in multiple environments
- Health, Vision, Dental- open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Optimistic, supportive, and FUN work environment
- Fantastic quarterly company events
- Free catered lunch every Friday
- Free snacks
- Free on-site gym membership
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas
More Jobs From