WHO WE ARE
New to market, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual workouts, including On the Mat offerings like Yoga (Strength, Mobility) and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
We are looking for a talented, organized, and collaborative communicator with a minimum of 7 years experience in film production.
In this role, the Line Producer will be responsible for organizing all the needs of a production, setting budgets, managing expenses, securing locations, hiring freelance crew, running day to day filming of On the Mat workouts (OTM) during home location filming and much more!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Managing all aspects of on location destination filming for on the mat (strength and movement, yoga and awareness)
- Location acquisition (research, negotiating rates, managing insurance, managing contracts, permitting)
- Budget oversight including managing the project budgets, approvals, expenses, company card, and payments
- Booking all travel for talent and crew, and negotiating for savings
- Organizing all the necessary needs of each film production project
- Developing and utilizing existing relationships with vendors, crew, and locations to get great deals in securing equipment, locations, and crew
- Creating schedules (coordinating workout needs, scheduling for production and athlete needs)
- Setting and running run of show meeting
- Preparing daily call sheet documents
- Managing the film crew on location for destination filming (travel for approx 5 consecutive days every 4-8 weeks)Ensuring the production schedules are met
- Assisting in daily production tasks
- Coordinating Covid-19 testing and safety protocols
- Managing the schedule for home location on the mat and attending all home location filming to make sure runs on time, and everything is in order (assistant director type function) as well as any duties would perform on OTM destinations that apply to home location
- Being on set 5 days per week (shorter days) for home location (Boston) filming
- Helping to create and manage overall OTM unit budget, as well as hiring of full-time OTM crew
- Collaborating with Destination Operations Lead for booking travel, assisting with location acquisition (including permitting), helping manage and approve expenses etc. for on the water (OTW) destinations
- Coordinating between in-house marketing / ad agency / film crew for on destination photo shoots
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Prior references as a Production Manager / Line Producer
- Highly organized
- 7+ years production and travel experience
- Location scouting experience
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Great team player
- A can-do/positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and as a manager of the team
- A flexible attitude and willingness to evolve as the company grows
- An ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- An understanding that Hydrow operates in a unique space, not fully film production, nor traditional exercise instruction, and being innovative, malleable, and a self-starter
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- 10+ years experience as a Line Producer and/or Unit Production Manager handling all aspects of production
- Thorough knowledge of the variables of film production on location, file sharing, travel bookings and documents
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Extensive experience working with a team on location
- Demonstrated ability to manage athletes, and full time and freelance film crews
- A love of travel
REPORTS TO: SVP, Content & Performance
ABOUT HYDROW, INC.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.