Were reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Join a community of revolutionaries.
As the Legal Intern, you will work with the in-house legal team to assist in all legal aspects of DraftKings. This position provides an outstanding opportunity to work in a dynamic company and gain experience in a corporate and legal environment. The expected start date for the position is May 2019 (full-time during summer, and part-time during the school year).
What youll do as a Legal Intern:
- Draft, review, and coordinate commercial team in transactional matters and contract drafting.
- Work on all aspects of the litigation process from case inception through case closure.
- Advise internal business, marketing, and public relations teams on compliance with various legal regimes.
- Assist corporate counsel with diligence, research, and negotiation of corporate transactions.
- Investigate factual issues pertaining to claims.
What skills you will use:
- Youre a JD Candidate currently in law school at an ABA-accredited institution.
- You possess excellent negotiation, contract drafting, and communication skills.
- With an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, you act decisively providing concise advice consistent with DraftKings business objectives.
- Provide sound legal judgment.
- Interact effectively with the team, bringing with you a sense of humor and positive can-do attitude.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.