Hi Marley is a purpose-driven SaaS platform built for the insurance industry by people who know and love insurance. Designed to enhance customer trust and loyalty, Hi Marley enables hassle-free communication between the policyholder, insurance carrier and partners through a conversation SMS platform helping delight policyholders and achieve faster time to resolution. The platform uses industry-leading analytics to generate meaningful insights - enabling carriers to drive positive outcomes. Hi Marley has flexible APIs and requires zero integration to get started.
We are looking for our first Legal Counsel to work with the companys General Counsel as part of an agile legal team. The legal team is responsible for governance, compliance and risk mitigation as we scale quickly.
If we were white water rafting, the legal team is the river guide. Nobody remembers the rocks we didnt hit (as a company). Thats our job.
What Youll Do:
- Be ready for anything. If it fits in governance, compliance, risk mitigation, you will grow into involvement. This is a generalist role in a rapidly scaling company
- Speed the negotiation of contracts with insurance carriers and ecosystem partners
- Partner with stakeholders across the company as we look to mitigate risk and maintain compliance
- Collaborate with our outside legal resources as needed
- Work with the legal team in various corporate and strategic initiatives
What Were Looking For:
- JD, strong academic credentials, active member of a state bar in the US
- 4-5 years of experience as part of a law firm working closely with scaling tech companies
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving mindset
- Professional yet approachable presence
- Sound judgment including knowing when to ask for help (its available)
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with clients in high stakes situations
- Comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Flexible and adaptive with a positive attitude even under pressure
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has six permission to play values (Integrity, Inclusive, Compassion, Respect, Gratitude, Coachable) and three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu I am because we are - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
What We Offer:
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what were building
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx