Dynatrace is changing the rules of software intelligence, so were looking for game-changing people. Big thinkers and doers that constantly push to the next level. Joining Dynatrace means being part of the team that has gone way beyond Application Performance Management and is defining Software Intelligence for the Enterprise Cloud. Redefining an industry is hard work and it takes focused, dedicated team players. Come get in the game.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Dynatrace seeks a legal Counsel to primarily support the North American sales organization.
- You will draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, primarily for software licensing and related services, in collaboration with sales, services, finance and other business units; as well as other commercial contracts as needed.
- You will respond promptly to legal requests from internal clients across functional groups, be effective in communicating legal concepts to business people, and provide support to Marketing, Procurement, and other constituents in collaboration with and with support from other members of the legal team.
- You will support the continuous improvement of standard agreements, policies and processes.
- Strong experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including but not limited to software licenses (SaaS and on premises), professional services, reseller and referral agreements, and vendor/supplier contracts.
- Understanding of intellectual property, licensing, SaaS, revenue recognition, privacy and other legal matters that arise in the connect of commercial transactions.
- Strong commercial sensibilities, and ability to work closely with business people on their terms, and to negotiate some commercial terms as well as legal terms. Strong contract analysis, drafting and negotiation skills. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- 8+ years overall legal experience. At least 5 years experience negotiating commercial contracts, preferably in an in-house role with a software or technology-oriented company.
- Able to provide quick, concise and practical advice consistent with Dynatrace business objectives and processes, while ensuring business needs are met.
- Able to work and act decisively in a fast-paced, high activity environment; comfortable in managing and responding to messages quickly and balancing multiple deals at one time.
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small. Strategic and pragmatic thinking.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team are a must; strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in Intellectual Property is a plus.
- J.D. degree required.
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify enterprise cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With AI and complete automation, our all-in-one platform provides answers, not just data, about the performance of applications, the underlying infrastructure and the experience of all users. Thats why many of the worlds largest enterprises trust Dynatrace to modernize and automate enterprise cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivaled digital experiences.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an equal opportunity employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We consider all qualified applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact [email protected]. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.