Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage-breed pork, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
The Legal Associate position will work with our Senior Legal Affairs attorney to assist with all aspects of our company's contract management and provide knowledge and support regarding all relevant legal issues. Utilizing their legal experience, communication and problem solving skills, they will collaborate with all departments and levels of the organization to help guide our passionate and growing team.
- Draft, review, and negotiate standard and complex agreements such as - software license agreements, IT agreements, NDAs, supplier agreements, advertising agreements, distribution agreements
- Analyze potential risks involved with specific contract terms and help the Company balance the risk/reward of the terms
- Assist with the maintenance of physical and digital records (contract tracking system)
- Review and manage start/expiration dates of temporary contracts/rates
- 3+ years experience with contract drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and advising at a company, law firm or other relevant contract experience
- A Juris doctor degree from an accredited university
- Admitted to practice and in good standing in Massachusetts or in another state and willing to seek admission to the Massachusetts bar
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating IT agreements
- Experience reviewing, understanding, and interpreting both complex documents and laws applicable to our business - including states, case law, and regulations
- Technical knowledge (Microsoft Office, SharePoint, or similar contract system, ability to learn software programs); expert level in manipulating documents within Adobe
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills - natural curiosity for solving problems, enjoys the challenge, looks for root causes before taking action
- Critical thinking skills - asks questions, looks at the broader picture, capable of conducting a what-if analysis
- Self-motivated and capability of organizing and prioritizing work to achieve required results
- Familiar with e-commerce and social media law
- Knowledge and understanding of FTC, FDA, and USDA regulations and other related regulatory compliance matters (local, state, federal)
- Experience with advertising and marketing, including reviewing ads and labels, claims matrices, marketing plans, promotions and campaigns
- Experience assisting with affiliate management
- Experience working at a law firm
- Experience with the food industry or consumer packaged goods
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. All of our thoughts and actions revolve around the lenses of our core values, which are accountable, authentic, humble, relentless improvement, and member-obsessed. We also value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, employee stock options, and an annual discretionary performance bonus
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for gym membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More Jobs From