Full-time, Boston, MA
Hurry up! Weve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is a fast-growing Boston-based SaaS startup in search of an all-star Legal Associate. In this role, you will support three key objectives: increase sales efficiency and effectiveness, improve business visibility and global consistency, and standardize terms of deals while enforcing contracting minimum standards.
As a Legal Analyst, youll strategically partner with our Sales, Legal, Finance, and Executive teams, providing expert guidance to drive deal execution, while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures. If you have a passion for navigating complex deal structures and find that you thrive when working with cross-functional teams to optimize sales processes, then weve got a job for you.
In this role you will:
- Review, negotiate and draft agreements, such as master subscription agreements, professional services agreements, data processing addenda, alliances agreements, non-disclosure agreements and order forms in support of the BlueConic sales, professional services and alliances teams.
- Work with the sales and professional services, revenue recognition, sales operations and pricing internal teams to support processes for contracting and order processing.
- Closely partner with the other departments, including privacy, security and compliance to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Provide legal and commercial support in relation to existing contracts and provide support in the event of any disputes or potential disputes.
- Assist the company in maintaining and securing compliance with GDPR/applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Liaise with outside Counsel for specific cases.
- Assist in developing training materials and provide training to the business on relevant legal topics and best practices.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of subscription model, service/product offerings, and recommended contract structures.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- 2+ years of experience in legal role.
- Outstanding contract drafting skills; rigor/attention to detail; and strong analytical reasoning.
- Global experience/exposure.
- Excellent verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated and substantive IT contract negotiation and drafting expertise in a SaaS environment.
- Experience in supporting sales departments as an internal client.
- Highly organized self-starter with strong attention to details.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with prior experience with complex, cross-functional pricing and proposal execution across Sales, Legal, and Finance.
- Positive team player and effective communicator with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- A BA/BS is required (business/finance/pre-law majors would be a plus).
It will set you apart from the pack if you:
- Have worked in a startup/high growth environment in a similar role.
- Want to learn all facets of the business and collaborate with other teams.
- A JD from an ABA accredited law school or an MBA would be a major plus!
Reasons to join us:
- Help sell the best marketing technology product ever, period.
- Be part of a small and fast-growing team in downtown Boston.
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career advancement.
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits, including the office stroopwafel supply (google it)