Last year was a record breaking year for ChaosSearch. In 2020, we tripled our customer base, increased revenue close to 8X, launched ChaosSearch 2.0 and ended the year with a $40 Million Series B financing round.
In 2021, we are building on this success. Our mission is to enable every organization to have fast and easy access to data. Our cloud-built Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, secure data access and disruptive pricing for Log and BI analytics. We’re adding to our team in 2021 and the time to join couldn’t be better.
As the lead of the User Experience Design team at ChaosSearch, you will create meaningful and innovative experiences through a deep understanding of our customers and exceptional design execution. You will collaborate with product and technology teams to build the next generation, cloud first Data Platform by bringing the customer to the forefront in everything we do. The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of our customers and our business and how to solve for them through design.
An ideal candidate has strong instincts, a passion for clean, modern design, is user focused, and committed to creating seamless and simple user experiences from complex workflows. If you have empathy for the user, strong analytical abilities, solid design skills and can construct the interfaces you design, we’d like to hear from you.
- You will be involved with the design and development sides of UX/UI
- Build a rich user interface primarily for our high-availability analytics platform using Angular.
- Participate in user experience design, architecture initiatives and lead regular code reviews with a major focus on ease of use, visual appeal, re-usability, and performance.
- Instrument and measure UI performance with well-defined SLI’s to provide best in class experience for customers.
- Collaborate with feature and component teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to UI architectural standards and best practices.
- Evaluate, test, and provide technology and design recommendations to management.
- Write detailed design documents and documentation on system design and implementation.
- Promote cross-team awareness to optimize code-sharing and decrease time to market.
- Minimum 6 years UX/UI designer/engineer experience preferably with a SaaS company
- Experience designing low to high fidelity interfaces and experience constructing interfaces you design
- Strong interaction design skills – The ability to think through complex landscapes and systems to create straightforward workflows with a focus on ease-of-use and simplicity
- Strong visual design skills – A high personal bar for visual design quality and a keen eye for details; the drive to help us push our visual design standards to be constantly improving as our platform grows; the ability and desire to contribute to a holistic design system and help it continuously evolve
- Experience in conducting user research – You are curious about our core users and their needs and integrate insights from them to inform your design decisions
- Ability to work effectively independently or with a variety of people in a constantly changing landscape
- The ability to diplomatically explain what does and doesn't make sense from a user experience standpoint
- Affection for true agile development delivery and understanding of its importance in creating the most effective product
- Leadership experience a plus
At ChaosSearch, we are committed to building and fostering a culture where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. However you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work each day.