We are looking for a Lead UX Designer to join our Marketplace Team (Interoperability Platform Zone) within our Platform Services division. Your job will be to exercise high-level thinking, boots-on-the-ground interaction design, visual design and user-focused experience design. In this role, you will work closely with a multi- disciplinary agile R&D team to define, design and test product and digital service features with the goal of building a connected ecosystem, specifically bridging athenahealth clients with athenahealth partners. You will overhaul the athenahealth marketplace experience to drive growth and adoption, meet client needs and remain as the nation's largest and most comprehensive EMR app Store. You will embrace the challenge of elevating design within an enterprise product team, where user experience competes for attention against many other valid R&D priorities. But enough about us, lets talk about you.
You are motivated, enthusiastic, curious, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to present ideas at every stage of your design process.
The Team: Our Marketplace team builds and maintains the forefront of our healthcare ecosystem the athenahealth Marketplace. It focuses on providing best in class experience for partners and clients. This team is part of our Interoperability Platform zone, which builds and delivers systems/infrastructure that allows users, systems, and organizations to interact with athena as an ecosystem platform.
- Understand problem space and Influence roadmap
- Build cross functional team alignment & user empathy
- Define & implement team processes
- Define solution framework
- Execute on design iteration
- Bachelors or masters degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business or related disciplines
- Significant experience in UX research
- Significant experience in product design
- Experience working in agile development environments
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.