Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a talented and multifaceted Lead Experience Designer to contribute to the Orders and Results zone within athenaClinicals, our flagship electronic health record that enables our clients to care for patients and document care provided. In this role, youll work closely with multidisciplinary agile R & D teams to define, design and test digital experiences to help physicians and their staff do their jobs more effectively.
The Successful Candidate: You have a track record of success framing complex, wicked problems and working cross-functionally to identify and scope meaningful solutions. Youre skilled at building partnerships across different functions and business areas to advance ambitious work. You bring curiosity, empathy, and a sense of humor to everything you do.
The Team: The work of the Orders & Results zone helps physicians and their staff orchestrate the cycle of care delivery, from the ordering and administration of meds and procedures to the delivery of results from third-party systems.
- Conduct primary and secondary research efforts
- Design scalable, web-based product experiences
- Identify opportunities for improvement in existing products
- Make tradeoffs and decisions about project scope, design strategy, and implementation
- Seek out and incorporate feedback from users and cross-functional teams
- Promote and demonstrate design best practices for product owners, engineers, and more junior design collaborators
- Proactively seek out and foster connections across scrum teams to support cohesion and consistency throughout the users experience
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- Self-directed and comfortable with ambiguity
- Interest in developing a deep understanding of the US healthcare space
- Portfolio of work demonstrating good taste, great interaction design skills, and attention to detail
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From